ZenCELL Owl – Live Cell Imaging
The zenCell owl is a live cell imaging device. It is a real-time incubator microscope system. Inside, 24 mini-microscope enable a new simultaneous observation of your cell cultures.
The zenCell owl creates images of your cell cultures in a frequency of your choice and analyses them for cell coverage and cell number. Different microscopic techniques, like Brightfield, Darkfield and even Digital Phase Contrast are available. You can sort and graph your acquired dataset in the zenCell owl’s software or export the dataset and use alternative means at any time, easing the workload of organizing your Data for a Scientific study.
Real-Time Incubator Microscope
Take advantage of your own incubator and your laboratory computer. Install the free software*, connect the zenCell owl via USB 3.0 and it is ready for use.
There is no need for an additional power supply. Create a new Project in the Software, put the cells in their defined conditions and monitor them live from outside on your computer screen.
About the size of a standard cell culture plate, leaves you enough space in the incubator for your other cell culture ware or more systems. This allows you to use it in parallel with other experiments at the same time. The housing is completely closed and sterilizable with Isopropanol or other common medias for wipe cleaning.
Benefit from a wide range of possible applications and monitor your cells continually.
- Documentation and analysis of cell growth
- Comparison and analysis of extracellular
- conditions (e.g. glucose concentration, pH value or different mediums)
- Continiously determining cell confluence in 24 spots
- Analysing effects of component on cell cultures (e.g. cytotoxicity or biocompatibility)
- Migration or Scratch assays
- Stem cell observation
ZenCELL Owl Technical Specifications
- System Requirements Windows® 7,8 or 10 (32/64 Bit, 2,5 GHz 4 cores, 8 GB RAM)
- Interface (power supply, data exchange) – 1x USB 3.0
- Magnification 10 x
- Field of view 1,2 mm x 0,9 mm
- Image Resolution 5 MP
- Display resolution per microscope 2592 x 1944
- Software incl. Algorithm Cell coverage Cell number (fibroblasts)
- Measuring rate / Adjustable recording interval 5 min.* – 24 h.
- Image capture 30 s for 24 wells
Export Formats Picture: PNG, BMP, JPEG/JPG Dataset: CSV
- Light Source LED
- Camera 5 MP CMOS
- Optical Filters No Filters
- Operating Temperature 20°C – 45°C
- Humidity -operation 20% – 95% rel.
- Storage Temperature 0°C – 50°C
- Protection IP62
- Sterilizable Isopropanol Ethanol
- Dimension (H x W x D) 105 mm x 180 mm x 180 mm
- Weight 1050 g
- Warrenty 1 year